Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quick Corn and Beef Chili

This is a recipe that my picky 5 year old daughter loved. If you are going to be serving kids, I suggest that you use mild salsa. I forgot to take the picture till after I was almost done eating, and I took it with my phone, so bare with me on the picture!
Serving size: 1 cup chili
Points per serving: 5
Cooking spray
1 pound lean ground beef
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 (8inch) fat-free flour tortilla
1 3/4 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes undrained
1 1/2 cups chunky bottled salsa
1 tablespoon adobo sauce
(I couldn't find adobo sauce, but I found peppers in adobo sauce so I just bought that and used the sauce from the can and it tasted fine)

1.Preheat oven to 425
2. Heat a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef and black pepper to pan; cook 10 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
3. While beef cooks, cut tortilla into thin strips (about 2 inches long). Coat tortilla strips with cooking spray, and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 5 to 7 minutes or until golden. Make sure you watch them because I did it for 5 and ended up burning them. So watch them!!
4. Add corn and next 3 ingredients to beef mixture; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Ladle chili into bowls; top evenly with tortilla strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment